Monday, September 27, 2010

Meet the key players

Yesterday was another fabulous day...although it's tough to compete with one of the best days of my life.  My mom and I woke up early and went to church, then headed, with my roommate Ruthie to Lou Malnati's with Daniel and Matt.  Four favorites in one place: FLHTF (Favorite Lifetime Human Thus Far--my mom, of course), Favorite Roommate Ever (she's great!), favorite boy (currently), and favorite bonus friend.  What more could I want out of a lunch.  That being said I figured it was only fair to introduce you all to some of the key players in my life right now...

First of all, my first love:
The most beautiful woman in the world: My mother
Christmas 2006

Graduation 2005

My mom is the sweetest woman, she loves to make others happy.  She is beautiful inside and out.  She has not had an easy road, but everything she has been through has brought her to where she is: doing her life's passion and ministering to women.

And of course, my little sister, who I love dearly:





Another fave:
 At the Adler Planetarium:


Haha, she loves this picture...it represents the years of abuse she went through as my little sister...she always had to be the guy when we dressed up...but isn't she the cutest little man you've ever seen in your life?

Papa:
Pretty cute, huh?  This was taken in Plitvice Lakes National Park, Yugoslavia. Marguerite: age 4, Me: probably age 6, dad: my age + 30 years...minus 3 days =)


My Gramma Evelyn Weibel (and Grampa and fam):

This was taken about 5 years ago before my Grampa passed away (about 2 years ago).  He had Parkinsons disease.  I miss him.  My Grandma is there, holding his hand.  My Gramma is one of my heroes of my life.  I was named after her (my full name is Evelyn), and I couldn't be more proud of that fact.  Behind her is my Uncle Chuck (who I adore), his wife Laurie and their kids Chad and Aubrey who are currently students at Rutgers where my Uncle teaches.

Then Ruth Bell Mejias: the Roomie.

This is currently the only picture I have of of the two of us.  It was at Halloween last year.  She's a witch, and I am Eeeeva, from Wal-E.

Ruth is probably the best roommate I have ever had.  She is very intelligent and reads a TON--therefore can talk about just about anything and gives great advice.  She is very considerate, and although she is not by nature a clean person, she has been very clean...for me.  I love her to pieces, and I miss her when I'm out of town!  And did I mention she cooks for me?  She's quite the catch.


My friend Sonya:

 Holloween 2009--she's Frida Kahlo--no the eyebrows aren't all naturelle =)

Holloween 2003

Sonya is one of the main reasons I moved to Chicago...to live with her for a few short months before she got married.  She is fun, smart, beautiful, and an all around good friend.  She helps run Young Ambassadors for Opportunity (YAO http://www.opportunity.org/blog/), which I will blog about more later.  We've been friends since my sophomore and her freshman year of college.  We met through my boyfriend at the time, and then later in the ice bath in the physical training center since we both had running injuries.  We quickly became good friends.  Although we've certainly had our bumps along the way (probably more than most), if I only have a couple friends like Sonya in my lifetime, I will consider myself to have had a good life.  We've certainly had our fare share of ups and downs (probably more than most) but I love her dearly.  She is fun, gorgeous, but most importantly has one of the biggest hearts of anyone I have ever met.  

Other loves:  My small group

Blair's Bangin' Brigade:  From left to right--Kari Jennings, Alexis Wheeler, Jenny Tseng, Elise Linden, Tami Hardoby, Blair Bradburry, Stefanie Curry, me, and Anna Nystrom.

 Blair's goodbye party 2010

Christmas party 2009...yes there is a reason for the sunglasses that I won't go into here...another post maybe.

These girls are some of my very closest friends.  Elise and I have been friends since we were 18.  She introduced me to the rest of the group, and it has been true love ever since =)  

Here she is:

This picture was taken at a birthday scavenger hunt.  The challenge was to stand behind a cash register in a downtown store, drink a slushy, eat Garrett's popcorn, and wear the birthday hat...mission accomplished!


And last but not least, my current favorite (purely platonic) boy, Daniel Wiebracht, who I talked about in the last post:

And in case you're still wondering, no there is nothing going on between the two of us.  We are in fact just friends.

There are many other key players in my life that make my life rich, full, and wonderful.  I'm sure you'll get to meet them all in time.  But those are some highlights for now!  Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment